Saturday, July 26, 2008

Feeling Hot Hot Hot


Florida is f%!@ing hot. Even last night when I went dancing my clothes got soaked. Well, maybe it had something to do with the way I was dancing. ;)

For the second time this week, I've had this burst of energy come out of nowhere. I danced for almost 3 hours straight and it wasn't some mild, mellow, swing your hips thing. It was all-out, no holding back, jumping up and down, boody-shaking, hardcore dancing. I wore more than a few guys out.....even got a $20 tip from a guy from Romania when I got up on the bar and started dancing. It didn't last long though. The security guard kicked me off so I just went back to the dance floor.

And no, I wasn't drunk. It was all just fun and enjoying the moment. I would just like to know where these energy bursts come from so I can capture them when it really counts--for ADVENTURE RACING!

Today, however is rest day. And was much needed. Here's my week in review:

7/22
7am workout
10 rounds of:
75lb. deadlift
15 push-ups
Time: 16:04

7pm workout
Cardio Kickboxing

7/23
7am workout
Start with 500 meter row
then do sets of 15-13-11-9-7-5-3 of
pull-ups (jumping)
20" box jumps
26lb. kettlebell swings
burpees
20lb dumbell thrusters
End with 500 meter row
Time: 38:04

7pm workout
Muai Thai Kickboxing

7/24
7am workout
Michael
Three rounds of
run 800 meters
50 back extensions
50 sit-ups
Time: 21:41

7pm workout
Capoeira

7/25
7am workout
Shoulder Press 1-1-1-1-1
Push Press 3-3-3-3-3
Push Jerk 5-5-5-5-5

Weights were:
Shoulder Press 35-45-55-55f-55
Push Press 35-45-55-55-65f
Push Jerk 35-45-55-55-65

This week was a little hard on the body: Bruises and scrapes to the legs from the deadlifts; a strained right knee from the Capoeira class, strained shoulder muscles from the heavy lifting; and blisters on the bottoms of both big toes from the dancing. Only one more day of rest and then I'm back for more on Monday. The body will just have to learn to keep up with me because this girl ain't gonna just sit around.

No comments: